From a humble start as a radio parts wholesaler in 1925 Shure has grown to become a global leader in audio electronics. Shure products have been ever…
For more than 90 years, Shure has been one of the leading suppliers of professional audio technology.
Our products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority. Shure Incorporated is presented through a global partner network in more than 80 countries, with offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
To support new products that encompass IP networking, software, server/client infrastructure and mobile devices aligned with the growing and converging AV/IT environment, we are looking for an
Applications and Product Support Engineer (M/F) – IT focus
with a background in IT and a genuine interest in audio. This position can be based in Copenhagen, London, or Eppingen (Germany).
The Applications and Product Technical Support team serves the western-, southern European as well as the Scandinavian region, and acts as the manufacturer’s backbone providing Shure distributors technical pre- and post-sales support for the entire Shure portfolio. The team works closely with both external and internal partners such as Shure dealers, end users, the Shure Audio Institute, Shure Product Management, and Regional Sales Managers.
- Provides advanced remote and onsite technical support for all Shure product lines including software, wired and wireless microphones, in-ear monitor systems and conferencing/discussion systems.
- Resolves advanced application problems and network troubleshooting issues including IP addressing, network switch configuration, etc..
- Provides technical assistance in the design/integration of customer applications relating to complex network infrastructure and audio solutions.
- Gives technical assistance with software installation and configuration, particularly as it relates to server and IT-based environments.
- Interacts closely with Product Development when installing and troubleshooting customers’ systems; especially with regards to networked systems, MS Windows, browser-based software and server/client-based IT-solutions.
- Conducts advanced technical training for distributors, sales representatives and end-users.
- Develops and suggests product improvements and modifications based on customer/market needs.
- Prepares and presents advanced demonstrations and application of Shure products at trade shows, sales seminars etc..
- Researches and writes advanced technical training materials, technical white papers and educational guides in collaboration with internal partners.
- Academic degree in computer technology or IT infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Strong technical product background with emphasis on audio applications.
- Expert knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure, implementation and basic troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with enterprise networking hardware, advance switch configuration and network debugging/monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated experience with software installation and troubleshooting in both Mac and Windows environments and client/server systems.
- Work experience with planning and execution of AV projects.
- Good understanding of audio network protocols and acoustics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including mastery of written and spoken English.
- Organized working methods and good follow-up procedures.
- Motivated, pro-active, result-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice.
A challenging job in an international working environment with tremendous potential for future growth. It also goes without saying that we offer an attractive salary as well as comprehensive benefits.
How to apply
How to apply
Please send your written application and CV - in English - to: