Sound is our business. Good sound is fine for some people. But at Shure, we’re only interested in delivering sound experiences that immerse and insp…
For more than 90 years, Shure has been one of the leading suppliers of professional audio technology. Our products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority. Shure Incorporated is presented through a global partner network in more than 80 countries, with offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
To reinforce our Applications department in Germany we are looking for an
Applications Engineer/Technical Customer Support Pro Audio (all genders)
The Applications Engineer/Technical Customer Support is responsible to provide high-level, advanced, technical training and support to external customers, including sound engineers, dealers/integrators, and other key stakeholders. Works closely with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing and reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing in DACH. This position will be based in Berlin (Germany).
- Provides advanced technical support for complex Shure product lines that involve software, firmware, networking, comprehensive wireless, and other sophisticated capabilities.
- General Technical Customer Support via Salesforce support platform, mail, phone or onsite.
- Resolves advanced application and customer application issues, including performing follow-up technical support, by working with Product Development, Product Management, Service, Quality Assurance, and other departments.
- Provides technical assistance in the design/integration of customer applications relating to complex audio operating systems with focus on wireless systems.
- Reviews new products for proper use with other products, including performing field tests on new products to gain familiarity and working knowledge.
- Supports activities related to training for external customers for assigned product lines using appropriate means (e.g. offline and onsite training & certification, webinar, etc.).
- Supports national and international Pro Audio related trade shows as booth staff.
- Provides feedback on requested product improvements and/or new product suggestions, based on customer input gathered during support and training activities.
- Provides input on product improvements and modifications based on customer requirements.
- Assists customers with proper product specification and selection as well as explains the operation of complementary audio products (e.g. wireless microphones and wireless IEM).
- Responsible for local certification process and approvals which are necessary for sales in the region.
- Academic degree in related area is required or equivalent work experience.
- Strong technical / product background with emphasis on Pro Audio applications.
- Work experience with planning and execution of wireless projects.
- Good understanding of audio network protocols.
- Communication skills, creativity, and strong commitment to the responsibilities and goals.
- Fluent to excellent spoken and written German and English language skills.
- Motivated, pro-active, results-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, SAP and Salesforce applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
A challenging job in an international working environment with tremendous potential for future growth. It also goes without saying that we offer an attractive salary as well as comprehensive benefits.